Eagle Type I Safety cans are constructed of environmentally-friendly 24-gauge hot-dipped galvanized steel (other manufacturers use lead-coated terne steel). These cans meet OSHA and NFPA Code 30 requirements and are UL and ULC-listed and FM-approved for the safe handling and storage of gasoline and other flammable liquids. Features include:
- Spring-closing lid with a neoprene gasket that vents at 5 psi.
- Non-sparking brass flame arrestor and pour spout.
- Double interlock, no-weld bottom seam. No side or top seams either!
- Comfort-grip trigger handle.
- 100% leak tested.
- Made in U.S.A.
- Available with an optional integrated Eagle F-15 HDPE funnel which fits unleaded fuel tanks.
Download the manufacturer spec sheet for the Type I can series to view full approvals and other details.
All Type I cans are available in red for gasoline or other flammable liquids, blue for kerosene, yellow for diesel, or green for combustibles (such as oils; sizes 2 quart and larger). Type II cans (dual openings) are also available for sizes 2 gallons and higher.
Dimensions: 6.75" (17.1 cm) diameter, 8.75" (22.2 cm) high. Weight: 2.59 lb (1.17 kg). Eagle Model series UI-4-S.
Application note: These are the recommended replacement for Eagle's 1 quart safety cans (series UI-2-S) which were discontinued.