NEW! COVID-19 Products
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 25 - 99 and get $6.00 off
- Buy 100 or above and get $11.00 off
The Science Laboratory Safety Manual by Drs Linda Stroud and Kenneth R. Roy is now in its third edition and is the must have resource for K- college science teachers, school administrators, science safety facilitators/consultants, school district administrative personnel, school district instructional consultants, Chemical Hygiene Officers (CHOs), safety officers, college/university personnel and volunteers, parent(s)/guardian(s), architects and others can help direct or facilitate safety strategies for safer science investigations. This manual meets requirements set by the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act for teacher improvement in Math/Science instruction.
Select the text only or select the package option from the pulldown option menu above to get the text and our Comparison of Eye Protection Options poster (item # 11020) which saves $5 off individual purchase of these two items. Or get one poster FREE for every 12 copies purchased (the poster will be automatically added to your cart).
This authoritative reference contains over 400 information-packed pages containing guidelines, procedures, and references to raise the standard of school science safety. Topics include:
- Laws, codes, standards and regulations plus an explanation of liability
- Thorough discussions about personal protective equipment and its proper use, as well as sources
- Explanation of the updated NFPA Fire Rating System and labeling requirements
- Recognizing and addressing common safety hazards by course category
- What you need to know to conduct a Laboratory Assessment
- Prudent practice on a variety of topics
- Recognizing and addressing fire and electrical hazards
- Chemical procurement, handling, labeling and storage
- Chemical and biological hazardous waste disposal
- First aid reference with details on appropriate procedures
- Appropriate use of glassware, hardware and equipment
- Facilities Planner
- Appendix containing resources, professional organizations, supply houses and more
Authors Stroud, L, Roy, K. R., 2015. ISBN-13: 978-0-9788796-1-7. 408 pages, spiral bound.
Downloadable preview content: