This microprocessor-based ramping control provides four-file/24-step program capability or easy-to-use non-ramping set-point operation. Ramping operations include four files with six steps each. Programming options include ramp-rate or time-based profiles, guaranteed soak deviation, program looping, and program status selection after power outage. Files may be linked to create a single, 24-step program. Also allows automatic setting of control parameters with little user input. RampTrol automatically sets the PID parameters (proportional band, reset/integral, and rate/derivative) through a "learning" sequence in the auto-tuning mode. The primary analog input is a thermocouple. The back panel features a nine-pin serial port for communication with a PC. A secondary output is available for cooling, along with a 4-20 ma retransmit output for temperature recording and an RTD input. Information is stored in non-volatile memory. See below for specifications.
- Control Mode: Single output. Optional retransmit of set point or process variable.
- Operator Interface: Dual, four-digit LED displays: upper, 0.4 inch (10 mm) for process (red); lower, 0.3 inch (8 mm) for set point (green). Mode, Hold/Run, Display, Up, and Down keys.
- USB output for configuration of control and data acquisition.
- Accuracy: 0.1% of span, temperature stability +/-0.2%°F/°F change in ambient.
- Input: Factory set for thermocouple; grounded or ungrounded (request with order).
- Ambient Temperature Range: 32-130 °F.
- Lab Bench Case: 8" w x 6" d x 3-3/8" h.
- Electrical rating: 15 A @ 120 V, 1,800 W or 10 A @ 240 V, 2,400 W.
- Range: 0 to 816 °C, -200 to 1,1250 °C, or -200 to 399 °C.
- Thermocouple Types: J, K, or T
- Weight: 4.0 lbs (1.81 kg).
This item is available in 120 and 240 V versions.