NEW! COVID-19 Products
The StirMantle adds electromagnetic stirring capability (50-750 rpm) to the Series TM heating mantle (see item #'s 20100 - 20128) for spherical flasks. Heating and stirring are independent; choose either or both. Speed is easily adjusted by a single dial on the StirControl II which creates and synchronizes the magnetic field.
Its stirring speed is extremely stable, even at 50 rpm, despite temperature or load. When restarting (as for removal and reinsertion of the flask), Glas-Col's exclusive "Synchrostart" feature maintains linkage between the field and the bar. At restart, the selected speed is reached in approximately 4 seconds. The StirControl II connects to the StirMantle by a cord, so it may be placed outside corrosive hood atmospheres and is easily accessible.
This complete system includes one StirMantle, one StirControl II, connecting cords, and stir bar. This item is completely grounded and fused. Temperature or power controls must be purchased separately. Like all TM mantles the StirMantle features include:
- Rigid housing provides strength and durability while supporting the weight of the vessel.
- Fabric interior to softly nest glass vessels and reduce the chance of thermal shock
- Adaptable to most vessels including larger sizes.
- Withstands 450° internal operating temperature
- Can be adapted to special applications with custom sizes, bottom holes, and special electrical devices.
- Feet on smaller sizes designed to provide stability and promote cooler exterior temperatures.
Heating mantles and tapes can not be plugged directly into a power outlet. You must operate the heating component through a power control. Chemical spillage, overheating,overloading, and general misuse will greatly reduce the service life of this item.
|Flask Capacity (mL)||Watts||Depth (in)||Outside Dia. (in)||Height (in)||Weight (lb)|