Ansul Red Line dry chemical extinguishers utilize a gas cartridge system so they are field-refillable (with proper training) and inspections can be made on every moving part. This extinguisher is used in industries where the occurence or possibility of fire is high. These Model 10 units are ideal for remote locations where smaller fires occur and on-the-spot-recharging is necessary. Typical applications include trucks, production line machinery, paint lockers and mining equipment.
This page lists all of the Class ABC 10 lb series extinguishers. The following configurations are available in addition to the standard I-A-10-G-1 model:
- Ring Pin - This extinguisher features a ring pin which, when inserted in the cartridge receiver, provides secondary protection against accidental actuation of the unit when the hose is not in place. The operating instruction nameplate notes the removal of the ring pin before actuation - make sure you users are trained in this procedure!
- Corrosion Resistant - All steel parts of this corrosion-resistant model are treated with a zinc-rich primer before application of the oven-cured powder paint. The cartridge receiver body is painted with epoxy paint and the hose couplings, fill cap, carrying handle, nozzle body, nozzle lever, nozzle tip and receiver push lock are black anodized for corrosion resistance.
- Low Temperature - This special low-temperature model is equipped with a nitrogen cartridge and a cartridge receiver which is approved for operation in environments with temperatures as low as -65 °F (-54 °C).
See the table below for extinguisher model numbers, Ansul part numbers, and specifications. Replacement gas cartridges (item # 09761) and dry chemical refill agents are also available. The Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for Foray is available for download.
Ansul's specification sheet for handheld 5, 10, 20, and 30 lb Red Line models is available for download. Red Line handheld features include:
- 3 piece, welded steel dry chemical tank.
- Forged aluminum handle designed for easy carrying.
- Cast aluminum cartridge receiver with stainless steel insert.
- Large 3-inch opening for fast and easy recharging.
- Manufacturer's limited 5 year warranty.
- Bracket is not included - order separately.
|Type||Standard||Ring Pin||Corrosion-Resistant||Low Temperature|
|Ansul Model #||I-A-10-G-1||RP-I-A-10-G-1||CR-I-A-10-G-1||LT-I-A-10-G-1|
|Ansul Part #||435082||435084||435086||435101|
|Agent||8.5 lb (3.7 kg) Foray|
|US Coast Guard Classification||Type A, Size II
Type B:C, Size I
|Discharge Time||15 seconds|
|Maximum Effective Range||17 ft. (5.2 m)|
|Approvals||UL, FM, USCG (with bracket)|
|Charged Weight (with agent)||20.5 lb (9.3 kg)|
|Height||16.1" (40.9 cm)|
|Width||8.3" (20.9 cm)|
|Depth||5.3" (13.3 cm)|
|Shell O.D.||4.9" (12.4 cm)|
|Hose I.D.||0.4" (0.9 cm)|
|Hose Length||26.6" (67.6 cm)|
|Vehicle Brackets||(see item # 09771)|
|Fire Suppression Capability
|40 sq ft (3.7 sq m)|
|Fire Suppression Capability
|100 sq ft (9.3 sq m)|