Ansul Red Line dry chemical extinguishers utilize a gas cartridge system so they are field-refillable (with proper training) and inspections can be made on every moving part. This extinguisher is used in industries where the occurence or possibility of fire is high. These Model 30 units are recommended wherever large, intense fires often occur and maximum fire-killing power is needed. Typical applications include warehouses, paint-mixing areas, fuel loading racks, fuel storage locations and heavy construction sites.
This page lists all of the Class BC 30 lb series extinguishers filled with Purple-K extinguishing agent. The following configurations are available in addition to the standard I-K-30-G-1 model:
- Ring Pin - This extinguisher features a ring pin which, when inserted in the cartridge receiver, provides secondary protection against accidental actuation of the unit when the hose is not in place. The operating instruction nameplate notes the removal of the ring pin before actuation - make sure you users are trained in this procedure!
- Corrosion Resistant - All steel parts of this corrosion-resistant model are treated with a zinc-rich primer before application of the oven-cured powder paint. The cartridge receiver body is painted with epoxy paint and the hose couplings, fill cap, carrying handle, nozzle body, nozzle lever, nozzle tip and receiver push lock are black anodized for corrosion resistance.
- Low Temperature - This special low-temperature model is equipped with a nitrogen cartridge and a cartridge receiver which is approved for operation in environments with temperatures as low as -65 °F (-54 °C).
- High Flow - This special high-flow rate model discharges at a rate of 1.55 lb.sec (0.70 kg/sec) versus 0.91 lb/sec (0.41 kg/sec) for the standard I-A-20-G models. The range and discharge time are also shorter than the standard models.
- Combined - combination high flow/corrosion-resistant (CR-HF-I-K-30-G) and corrosion-resistant/low-temperature (CR-LT-I-K-30-G-1) models are also available; please contact us for pricing.
See the table below for extinguisher model numbers, Ansul part numbers, and specifications. Replacement gas cartridges (item # 09755) and dry chemical refill agents are also available. The Safety Data Sheet for Purple-K is available for download.
Ansul's specification sheet for handheld 5, 10, 20, and 30 lb Red Line models is available for download. Red Line handheld features include:
- 3 piece, welded steel dry chemical tank.
- Forged aluminum handle designed for easy carrying.
- Cast aluminum cartridge receiver with stainless steel insert.
- Large 3-inch opening for fast and easy recharging.
- Manufacturer's limited 5 year warranty.
- Bracket is not included - order separately.
|Type||Standard||Ring Pin||Corrosion-Resistant||Low Temperature||High Flow|
|Ansul Model #||I-K-30-G-1||RP-I-K-30-G-1||CR-I-K-30-G-1||LT-I-K-30-G-1||HF-I-K-30-G-1|
|Ansul Part #||418264||418265||418272||434556||418280|
|Agent||27 lb (12.3 kg) Purple-K|
|US Coast Guard Classification||
Type B:C, Size IV
|Discharge Time||27 seconds||12 seconds|
|Maximum Effective Range||30 ft (9.1 m)||15 - 20 ft (4.6 -6.1 m)|
|Approvals||UL, FM, USCG (with bracket)|
|Charged Weight (with agent)||51.5 lb (23.4 kg)|
|Width||11.1" (28.3 cm)|
|Depth||8.0" (20.3 cm)|
|Shell O.D.||7.0" (17.5 cm)|
|Hose I.D.||0.6" (1.6 cm)|
|Hose Length||35.6" (90.5 cm)|
|Vehicle Brackets||(see item # 09773)|
|Fire Suppression Capability
|120 sq ft (11.1 sq m)|
|Fire Suppression Capability
|300 sq ft (27.9 sq m)|