- Amerex Model C571 Class D Copper Powder Fire Extinguisher, 30 lb
CYBER SAVINGS: NIOSH-Approved N99 Masks for less than 60 cents! Get them now!
Class D extinguishers are ideal for large combustible metal fires. The Amerex model C571 extinguisher contains a copper extinguishing agent specially developed by the U.S. Navy for combating fires in lithium and lithium alloys. The copper compound smothers the fire and provides an excellent heat sink for dissipating the heat of the fire. It is the only known lithium fire fighting agent which will cling to a vertical surface, thus making it the preferred agent on three dimensional and flowing fires. When selecting a copper agent extinguisher keep in mind:
- A 250 lb capacity wheeled version of this extinguisher is available as item # 09584.
- Copper metal extinguishers are not recommended for use on lithium ion battery fires (lithium ion batteries do not contain lithium metal).
- Lith-X is another agent that works well on lithium fires; see item #'s 09451 and 09747. If your work does not involve lithium metal or lithium metal-containing batteries, alloys, chemicals etc., the less expensive sodium chloride extinguishers (item # 09582 and 09590) are a suitable alternative.
The Amerex "soft flow" extension applicator (included) is particularly suited for fighting Class D fires. It keeps the operator's hands away from the extreme heat and prevents inhalation of toxic fumes caused by burning material. The easily controlled, even discharge provides a non-dispersing application of either agent. The applicator may be quickly detached to provide a straight stream of chemical where greater range, a narrow discharge pattern or a lobbing effect is required. The steel cylinder is coated with corrosion-resistant yellow paint. This unit is FM approved, complies with NFPA 10, is ISO-9001/140001 certified, and conforms to test standards CAN-S504/S508 and UL 299/711.
A product data sheet is available. Although Amerex no longer posts it on their web site, they authored a technical note with practical information for using such extinguishers.
- Chrome-plated brass valve
- 6 Year Warranty
- Stored Pressure Design
- Dependable Drawn Steel Cylinders
- Special corrosion resistant yellow
- (Class D) color coded paint finish
- All Metal Valve Construction
- Large Loop Stainless Steel Pull Pin
- QR Coded and Bi-lingual Labels
- Extinguishing capacity: 4 ft2 and/or 5 lbs. of lithium
Previous customers have recommended using the 09800 Heavy Duty Dolly Cart with this extinguisher as it can be rather heavy for some people.
|Amerex Model #||B571|
|Capacity*||30 lb (13.6 kg)|
|Shipping Weight||60 lb (27.3 kg)|
|Height||34" (86.4 cm)|
|Width||11" (28 cm)|
|Depth||7" (17.8 cm)|
|Discharge time||24 seconds|
|Discharge range||3 to 6 feet (0.9 to 1.8 m)|
|Operating temperature range||-40 to 120 °F (-40 to 49 °C)|
|Bracket Included||Wall Hanger|
|Coast Guard Approved||No|
*The actual extinguishing agent weight when fully charged is 41.5 lb (18.9 kg) which gives the unit 30 lb of actual discharge when held at a 45° angle.
The shipping weight of this item is 60 pounds (27.3 kg). Given the heavy weight, a fixed shipping charge of $40 per extinguisher will be applied to your order at checkout which is valid only for ground shipment within the lower 48 US states. If you need rush delivery or delivery outside this area, you can contact us before ordering, otherwise, we will contact you with the actual freight costs before processing your order.
Revision note: This extinguisher replaced the earlier B571 model effective in 2022.
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed