The Guardian Equipment 615 and 617 series flow switches are designed to sense the activation of emergency equipment such as combination safety stations, eye/face washes, drench hoses, and safety showers. The switch can be used to activate a local alarm syste, or send an electrical signal to a remote monitoring system. Several models are available:
- AP275-615 - A single pole, double throw flow switch for 1-1/4" IPS pipe typically found on the combination safety stations.
- AP275-615C1D2 - Same as the AP275-615, but designed for Class 1 division 2 Environments
- AP275-617 - Same as the AP275-615 but with a double pole, double throw switch.
- AP280-615 - A single pole, double throw flow switch for 1" IPS pipe typically found on safety showers.
- AP285-615 - A single pole, double throw flow switch for 1/2" IPS pipe typically found eye/face wash stations.
Single pole switches have one set of leads for connection to either a local or remote alarm system. Double pole switches have two sets of leads for connection to both a local and remote alarm system.
Application: Single pole, double throw flow switch for use with emergency equipment. The flow switch is installed in the water supply line upstream of emergency unit. When the unit is activated, the switch senses the movement of water in the supply line. The switch can be used to activate a (user-supplied) alarm horn and light, and sends electrical signal to monitoring system.
Installation: The flow switch is mounted in a tee fitting that is installed in the water supply line to emergency unit. The switch must be installed with the tee fitting in the horizontal position, the flow switch body in vertical position, and at least 6" from the closest fitting. The direction of flow is marked on the switch body. Standard versions have a weatherproof electrical junction box with gasketed cover. The switch operates at 125 volt up to a 5 amp max electrical connection.
Quality Assurance: Each unit is fully assembled, wired and factory tested prior to shipment.
Documentation available: Specification sheet for the AP275-615.
Common replacement parts: None are required under normal conditions of use.
All Guardian items are manufactured in the USA. The shipping weight of this item is approximately 6 pounds (2.7 kg).
2-year limited manufacturer warranty.