- By Class
- Class BC
- Oval Non-Magnetic Low-Profile Fire Dry Chemical Fire Extinguishers, 10 lb ABC and Purple-K
CYBER SAVINGS: NIOSH-Approved N99 Masks for less than 60 cents! Get them now!
Oval Fire Products manufacturers these low-profile extinguishers with an oval shape rather than the traditional round design. This unique form factor offers numerous advantages:
- The Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) and most building codes require that equipment must project less than 4" (102 mm) from the wall. At less than 4" deep, Oval extinguishers ensure compliance without any expensive and disruptive modification to the facility.
- Reduced floor space. It's not necessary to widen aisles or corridors or deepen walls top meet accessibility requirements. These can also be recessed mounted into a standard 3-5/8" wall.
- Compliance with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) guidance which requires accessibility to disabled persons. Avoid disruption and messy renovation by mounting an Oval extinguisher to the wall.
- Oval offers ligature-resistant cabinets for use in high risk environments, affording both ligature resistance and accessibility.
- Oval fire extinguishers are non-magnetic and are certified as conditionally safe for use in MRI facilities; see the technical note below for additional information.
These 10 lb dry chemical extinguishers are available in three different versions. These include two different styles of ABC extinguishers as well as a BC-rated Purple-K extinguisher for use on flammable liquids. Because these units use dry chemical agents, they are NOT recommended for use on sensitive electronic equipment; consider clean agent extinguishers such as the Ansul CleanGuard (item # 09626), Amerex water mist (item # 09660), Badger Halotron I (item # 09522), or carbon dioxide extinguishers (such as item # 09648) instead.
Mounting: These extinguishers can be surface mounted on wall or column with the patented swivel hook. The hook holds the unit securely, even if bumped or pushed.
Accessibility: When wall or column mounted, these units comply with the 4” (102 mm) maximum limit for protruding objects as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design, the International Building Code and ANSI/ICC ANSI A117.1.
Healthcare Facilities: These units facilitate compliance with CMS accessibility requirements. They are certified as “MR Conditional” for safe use in environments with magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) equipment up to 3 Teslas.
Construction: These extinguishers feature an extruded aluminum body with welded aluminum top and bottom caps as well as a durable red powder coated finish. These units feature an anodized aluminum valve with stainless steel handle and pull pin, rubber hose, and anodized aluminum nozzle. The user instruction and manufacturer label include English, Spanish and French/
Transportation: Meets US Department of Transportation requirements for packaging and shipping. Labeled per UN1044.
Quality Assurance: UL listed, compliant with NFPA 10 and tested and certified to ANSI/UL-299, ANSI/UL-711, CAN/ULC-5504 and CAN/ULC-5508. Each unit is fully assembled, filled, pressurized and tested prior to shipment.
Warranty: Six years.
Patents: Covered by U.S. patents 9,364,696; D760,443: D760,444: D777,566.
|Oval Part #||10H-ABC||10J-ABC||10H-PKP|
Potassium bicarbonate-based (Purple-K)
|Capacity||10 lb (4.54 kg)|
|Shipping Weight||26.5 lb (12 kg)||28.5 lb (13 kg)||26.5 lb (12 kg)|
|Height||22-7/8" (58.1 cm)||
21-5/8” (54.9 cm)
22-7/8" (58.1 cm)
|Width||9" (22.9 cm)||11" (27.9 cm)||9" (22.9 cm)|
|Depth||3-1/2" (8.9 cm)||3" (76 mm)||3-1/2" (8.9 cm)|
|Discharge time||22 seconds|
|Discharge range||10 to 15 feet (3.0 to 4.5 m)|
|Operating Temperature Range||-40 to 120 °F (-40 to 49 °C)|
|Operating Pressure||195 psi (1,344 kPa)|
|Hanger Hook Included||Yes|
|Coast Guard Approved||No|
|Product Data Sheet||Download||Download||Download|
Technical note: The 2018 edition of NFPA 99 at 184.108.40.206 states "Nonferrous-type fire extinguishers shall be provided in MRI rooms and associated spaces." At 220.127.116.11 it states that "Clean agent or water-mist type fire extinguishers shall be provided in operating rooms" and in A.18.104.22.168. "Dry chemical fire extinguishers should not be provided in operating rooms. The clean agent extinguishers selected should have a Class A rating of some form." Finally, at 22.214.171.124 NFPA states "Clean agent-type fire extinguishers shall be provided in telecommunication entrance facilities and telecommunication equipment rooms.
Manufactured in: USA